Thursday, November 6, 2008

I do not ever again want to work acute medicine...

I really, really, really do not want to continue working on acute medicine. Really. On the good side I only have a few shifts left. On the bad side I still have a few shifts left. Lame.

Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy working with the palliative patients. It is very rewarding to be able to help someone make there last few days as comfortable as possible. But the rest of acute medicine, now that sucks. I cleaned more poop and changed more adult diapers than... well, it was a lot. I also had a guy drop a blanket on the floor and pee on it because he didn't want to make the three metre trip to the bathroom today. And guess who had to clean it up?

Being a nurse is not glorious. No, it is not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eh? Eh eh eh.
Eh! Eh! Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!