Friday, November 14, 2008

Tastes like guilt...

A Jewish favorite to be sure. Tonight is a night of misplaced guilt and odd beauty. I'm working the night shift tonight, and every time I look out the window I'm surprised. Everything is so still a looks amazing with the snow reflecting the yard lights. And the stars are so bright this far from town. Awe inspiring really.
This is off set unfortunately by some bad news about one of the kids at work. Even though I have no reason to feel guilty about the situation I do. I'm looking forward to being done school and finding a nice comfortable ER job where I don't really get to know my patients on a personal level and don't have to think about them once they are out of my unit. Honestly this isn't a problem for me normally, unfortunately some of the kids here remind me of myself at there age and it frustrates me to see them make the same stupid mistakes I did.
I am also hating the repeat feature on stereos. I have 8 stereos all playing 8 different songs over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...

No comments: